Hilco Global can serve you in every aspect of the metal value equation.Our expertise is built on unparalleled industry knowledge, unmatched information, and 20 years of real world experience in industry appraisals and disposition services. We invite you to contact one of our team leaders today.
Acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Assets
Hilco Industrial Acquisitions, B.V., an operating company of U.S.-based Hilco Global, has announced the sale of all assets at ThyssenKrupp Heavy Plate Rolling Mill facility located in Duisburg-Hüttenheim, Germany, to an Asian Steel Producer.
Europe’s second-largest steel producer, ThyssenKrupp, shuttered the German facility in September 2021. During its operation, the heavy plate rolling mill facility produced approximately 850,000 metric tons of steel used for shipbuilding, offshore, and heavy fabrication construction production.
The sale comes only six months after Hilco first acquired the Heavy Plate Mill from Thyssen Krupp Steel Europe. Relocation work will start after this summer, and approximately 22,000 metric tons of machinery and equipment will be removed from its location in Duisburg-Hüttenheim, Germany, to Asia.
Hilco continues to expand its acquisition portfolio in the mill equipment space. This sale is the second Heavy Plate Mill sold by the company in the last two years. Hilco recently sold the 2 million ton per year Dongkuk Steel Heavy Plate Mill from Korea in February 2021, as well as the 2015 Danieli Rebar Mill at Posco SS Vina in Vietnam in September 2021.
Hilco's "Added Value Promise" to you:
1. The industry’s most reliable gross and net liquidation values with clear and accurate exit strategies.
2. Modeling WIP conversion to finished goods in order to maximize value (when applicable).
3. Customized user-defined appraisal reports and pinpoint delivery of reports on promise dates.
4. Recommendations on best practices for post-appraisal
collateral monitoring to help recognize the early warning signs of declining values.
5. A designated “Point Person” on every engagement in order to deliver the best holistic solutions, efficient
communication, and quality control.
Asset Redeployment Solutions, LLC (ARS)
- Funded the timely purchase of 400+ miles of industrial pipe from the terminated Atlantic Coast Pipeline project
- In 2021, Asset Redeployment Solutions, an established material broker
in the midstream oil & gas industry sought to acquire the defunct pipeline’s unutilized high capacity, heavy grade 42- and 36- inch diameter steel pipe from its owner
- The total elapsed timeframe of the transaction was completed in under 30 days
Trade Point Atlantic
- Acquired in 2012 for $70 million.
- Once the world’s largest combined steelmaking complex.
- 3,100 acre, 17 million sq. ft. complex located in Baltimore, MD.
- Maximized value by leveraging its multiple capabilities to create a unique solution addressing stakeholder requirements.
- Partnered with Redwood Capital in 2014 to continue site clean-up and remediation work.
- Project was planned to be one of the greenest of its kind ever undertaken.
GM Metal Center
- In 2011 HRP was was selected by the City of Wyoming and Thunder Ventures to remediate and demolish all structures at the former General Motors Metal Center in Wyoming.
- Prior to the acquisition, HRP conducted a liquidation process to monetize machinery & equipment onsite for Motors Liquidation.
- Performed the environmental remediation at the site, demolished the obsolete structures, and fully graded the entire site to prepare it for future redevelopment.
Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President
M&E Group Leader
Metals and Mining Valuation